A marketing campaign is the effort of a business to obtain the desired number of customers. It commonly encompasses different strategies to improve the inclusion of a product or service in the market. It is key to make yourself known and apply specific actions to the right audience. When we search for a brand on social networks, see online advertising or purchase a product, we are part of a campaign.
In a digital marketing strategy, a campaign is necessary to know the right moment to launch a product. It serves to plan the actions and increase the income of the brand. The objective is to get the user interested in the item offered. The marketing campaign should not be confused with the advertising campaign.
The advertising campaign is based on advertising to achieve awareness and sales. On the contrary, the marketing campaign uses various strategies and tools. HubSpot serves as a CRM platform for creating and managing effective marketing campaigns.
Also Read: What is E-Marketing – Advantages, Disadvantages and Types
Benefits of creating a marketing campaign
Creating a marketing campaign improves SEO positioning. Unlike SEM, this is achieved organically by user interaction with the website.
Marketing campaigns increase qualified traffic to the brand’s website. This is due to the application of good marketing efforts. Among them is the use of keywords or optimization of web pages.
One of the main benefits of marketing campaigns is their measurement and monitoring. Using tools such as Google Analytics or Google Ads, the company can know the performance of its campaign. This way, the necessary measures can be established to improve its operation.
The monitoring and use of digital tools allow the company’s spending to be adapted to marketing actions. The brand will have control of the user’s Cost per Click or CPC and will be able to decide how much budget to allocate to the campaign.
Through platforms such as Facebook Ads or Google Ads, the company can find out the interests, fears or needs of its audience, among others. This data is achieved by monitoring the marketing campaign. In turn, it segments the audience, reducing it to small groups of customers with common characteristics.
What elements make up a marketing campaign?
- KPIs: The objectives that the company intends to achieve with the campaign. It is recommended that these be SMART goals.
- Budget: The budget that the company has to invest in the campaign. This must consider agency costs, salaries, digital tools, etc.
- Distribution platforms: Channels will be used to distribute content and apply digital marketing strategies.
- Brand design: The design must make the brand stand out from its competitors. This should be eye-catching, professional and simple.
- Content Format: The format to be used in the branded content. This may include images, videos, or blog posts, among others.
- Team: The people who do the work. The writing team, advertising, web development, administration, etc., participate in a campaign.
4 steps to create a functional marketing campaign
To create an effective marketing campaign, it is essential to plan the objectives. The first step is to know the purpose of the campaign. That is, to know if the intention is to promote a new product, improve brand recognition or increase web traffic, among others. At the same time, the campaign metrics will be established. The most used metrics are:
- The number of sales.
- Engagement in social networks.
- Press mentions.
- Lead conversion.
- Email interactions.
Distribute marketing campaign
In this stage, the distribution of the marketing campaign is defined. In other words, the company’s methods to reach the audience. The most common is the use of social networks, email marketing strategies and the use of a corporate blog. It is recommended to create a campaign schedule to establish publication periods.
The goal of the marketing campaign is to achieve an increase in lead conversion. To do this, the brand must apply actions that encourage the user to make a purchase. These can be:
- Calls to action.
- Landing pages.
Check your performance
Monitoring the activity of the marketing campaign will serve to measure its performance. Metrics such as clickthrough rate, bounce rate, and conversion rate will be vital in this step. Evaluating the campaign will determine the aspects to improve and those that work best with the audience.
Create a marketing campaign in HubSpot
Create a Marketing campaign
HubSpot’s marketing software allows you to create useful and effective marketing campaigns. The first step to creating the campaign is to access the main menu and click on Marketing > Campaigns.
After this, the overview of Campaigns will be enabled, and you must access the button on the top right, Create campaign. A dialogue box will then open with blank fields to fill in. These include:
- Campaign name: It is recommended to be a recognizable name for the entire company team.
- Business unit: It refers to the purchase of accessories associated with the campaign.
- Campaign owner: It assigns the user to whom the campaign belongs.
- Start Date: Sets the beginning of the marketing campaign calendar.
- Campaign colour: The colour associated with the campaign will differentiate it from the rest.
- Goal: Summarizes the objective of the campaign.
- Audience: Indicates the audience to which the campaign is directed.
- Currency: Clarifies the currency of the campaign budget.
- Campaign budget: The budget that the company has for the campaign. It is indicated in numerical values.
- Notes: Notes for monitoring the campaign.
Fill in the calendar
When the user fills in the fields, they must click the Create button. After this, you can access the marketing calendar to plan the actions. From the main menu, go to Marketing > Campaigns. At the top left, select the Calendar tab.
Add campaign goals
After creating the campaign and enabling the calendar, the user can add campaign goals to track. To do this, you must access the drop-down menu at the top right and click on Actions > Edit goals. A dialogue box will open that will have to be filled in and established with the Save button.
Add content and materials
HubSpot allows you to associate materials and content with a specific campaign. From Marketing > Campaigns access Add materials. A dialogue box will open on the left side where the type of resource to add will be selected. The user has two options:
Add an existing asset: Access the search bar to find the material. Then the checkbox is checked, and the Save button is clicked.
Add a new asset: Go to the Create [asset] button, create the asset, select Update for new assets, check the checkbox, and click Save.
Set a tracking URL
A tracking URL can be created to check the campaign’s effectiveness from web traffic. Go to Campaigns>Actions>Create tracking URL.
The next step is to specify the URL details and click the Create or Create and add another button to create another campaign tracking URL.
We are looking for guest bloggers to write for us technology related topics such as web development, digital marketing, app development, Trending news and business. If you are interested in write for us technology, please get in touch!
Techspurblog is a blog dedicated to providing industry-leading insights, tips, tricks and tools on topics such as web design, app development, SEO and more. We also provide reviews of the latest tech products and services that can help you get the most out of your business.