The term ‘e-marketing’ is a new term that refers to the marketing efforts that are carried out online. Online marketing has become an integral part of business nowadays and digital marketing has evolved into a multifaceted discipline.
E-marketing is a form of marketing which uses the internet as its primary medium for reaching target customers. It aims to create and sustain customer relationships by exploiting the potential of internet tools such as email marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization, mobile apps and more.
For example, some e-marketing strategies include push notifications, the mobile app development and increase of website traffic via a blog or social media.
E-marketing is a marketing strategy that primarily operates online, utilizing modern technology and the internet to reach potential customers. This strategy is often effective, especially in today’s world where all people are connected to the internet and share information instantly. Some common e-marketing strategies include SEO marketing, social media marketing & email marketing.
E-marketing strategies are online advertising, email marketing, a digital content marketing, and social media marketing. They all have their strengths.
Types of E-Marketing
Search engine marketing (SEM)
Search Engine Marketing is an essential part of any marketing campaign. SEM increases the chances of your website being found on search engines like Google and Bing so that they are top ranked and visible to the users. SEM consists of a number of advertising channels and tactics, including paid search engine marketing, social media and content marketing.
Advertisers bid for placement on a specific list or position. Some companies also use Remarketing, where the same ad is shown to users that have visited their website before, even if they haven’t directly searched for them. The SEM campaign typically ends when the advertisement has been shown the number of times or reached a target value.
Social media marketing (SMM)
SMM is the process of creating content that will be shared across social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The goal of marketing on these platforms is to bring potential customers to your website or lead them to your brand’s social media profile.
There are many places where consumers can consume your content, and social media marketing is one of the most effective. Successful postings on Facebook consistently show up in users’ news feeds, providing a large number of people with the opportunity to see it. Sharing posts on Instagram are done by posting images or videos that showcase products or services you make available for purchase.
Content marketing (CM)
Content Marketing is a strategy that involves producing high quality content for different audiences in order to attract new customers or increase sales.
It is an integrated online marketing campaign that combines various digital media such as articles, videos, podcasts, social media posts and email newsletters. Content Marketing helps in increasing the traffic to the website or blog.
E-Marketing Advantages and Disadvantages
E-Marketing is becoming more and more popular as a marketing strategy. It is a cost-effective and time-saving alternative to traditional marketing methods. However, it also has its disadvantages.
- E-Marketing can be done from the convenience of one’s home or office.
- E-Marketing is cost effective with less investment involved compared to traditional marketing methods.
- E-Marketing provides better customer service with 24/7 access to customers via social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- E-Marketing allows for better brand exposure due to the wide reach of social media platforms and online channels like Google AdWords and Pay Per Click advertising.
- E-Marketing provides easier access to information about competitors in form of industry research reports and company profiles.
Blog Suggestion: The Benefits of Email Marketing
- It is not always easy for eCommerce companies to find their target audience
- It is often difficult for consumers to find the right product or service as there are so many options in the market.
- There is a real risk of losing clientele via email marketing which could affect the company’s revenue.
- The cost-effectiveness of e-marketing does not cover all costs like traditional marketing methods do.
- There is a risk of losing personal identity with an e-marketing campaign.
- It is difficult to control the message due to the large number of platforms available.
- The cost-effectiveness of e-marketing can be low if consumers are unwilling to pay for them.
- E-commerce companies have limited ways to reach out and communicate with their customers when marketing via email.
We are the founders of Techspurblog and we have been in this industry for over Four years. We pride ourselves on being the global leader in developing Technology Blog, which can create original content.
We are a team of enthusiastic people who want to share our experience, knowledge and enterprise with the world. We love what we do and we hope you will too!